Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

arrrrgh

Monday, February 20, 2012

I have an LG Phoenix P505 cell phone. Supposedly there is an update for it, available since November of last year. Today I am trying to do that update. I have spent at least tow hours fooling around with it to no avail. I'm dying of thirst and bursting with frustration. I'm fairly technically inclined, but this is impossible. I don't expect it to be as easy as for the iPhone, but I surely didn't expect it to be impossible.

LG support sucks. I can't even find the P505 in their knowledge base. I can't find basic information about the update, like the version number and how much free disk space it needs. Right now I'm constantly getting the "not enough free disk space" message. Well, how much do you need?!!! I've uninstalled almost all of the apps I had. Whether I get the update or not, I'm going to have to go back in and recover whatever apps I value ... another several hours. No consumer device should EVER be this difficult to update. ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!! I need a drink.

0 comments: