- good looks
- solid seat with back rest (no arm rests, though)
- very respectable top speed of 11mph
- 30 miles per charge under the most ideal of conditions
- 69lbs. including batteries
- not bad looking
- does have a seat (though rather small and has no back rest or arm rests)
- whopping top speed of 15mph
- 20 miles per charge
- 78lbs. (probably includes the batteries)
- it has tighter turning radius and higher curb clearance than the Speedy EW-01 ... unfortunately this also translates to more cramped leg room and bump in the deck may make it difficult for the user to mount this trike
Of the above two, I'd pick the Speedy EW-01 based on what I know about the user I have in mind. The solid-looking seat, the step-through deck, and the more traditional "mobility scooter" look win out.
But there is plenty of room for improvement. The 69 lbs of the EW-01 is 29 lbs more than the lightweight and very "bare-bones" 40-lb Smart Scoot. That's quite a bit more, and I hope the weight of these things will continue to drop in future designs. Carbon fiber, anyone? Lighter weight wheels? Their videos never demonstrate how you would get it in and out of the trunk of your car. And as far I as can tell, the battery is not normally removable.
For prices on these scooters, please do an internet search for them and the various vendors will have the prices.