Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

look, ma, no buckles

Thursday, June 26, 2008


I was at a dog training orientation the other day. This is the session normally offered by trainers both so that you can decide whether you want to train with them and also to prepare you for the real thing. The trainer recommended the Martingale type collar. I think it's great. I could've use this on one of my other Shepherds, who breaks the quick snap plastic buckle on his collar and who will chew through aircraft cable at less than 1 year of age. This collar has no buckles, slips right on and off the dog's head but will remain secure if you're pulling on the D ring. Plus it can't be put on wrong (it can be adjusted wrong, but it can't be put on wrong). So our dog now has this collar and I'd recommend it to all.
Oh, I do like the training method offered. Now it's just a matter of whether we have the moolah at the moment.

0 comments: