Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

surprise

Monday, October 06, 2008

Our former pastor presided over a few masses at our parish this past Sunday. I don't think I was the only one who was totally surprised that he was there. It was kinda awesome. It just seemed so right--him there at the altar presiding like he's done for so many years for us. I imagine this is what it feels like for parents whose kid went off to college. Then come the holidays and the kid is back and things just seem right, and home feels like it used to.

I didn't get to talk to him since I was working my volunteer gig. Then just like that he's gone again. I'm sure he was concerned about us--how things fared with Hurricane Ike coming through. He probably stopped by just to kinda check on us.

0 comments: