Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

dog bowl cited in fire

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BELLEVUE, Wash. — Fire officials in Washington state said a sunny day and a dog's glass water bowl combined to cause a blaze that charred the back of a home.


Natty said...

Something similar almost happened when I was growing up, involving a big round glass fishbowl in our front window & burn marks on the arm of the couch. My mom grilled me about someone smoking in the house & singeing (sp?) the couch, but I swore up & down I knew nothing about the burn mark - which I didn't. A few days later, on a warm sunny day, we realized that the sunlight from the south-facing front window was getting concentrated and focused through the fish bowl onto the arm of the couch, resulting in a 2-inch long burn mark. I'm thinking we were very lucky. Needless to say, we moved the fish bowl away from the window right away! Yikes!!