Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

tested

Saturday, April 09, 2011

I haven't posted for a while. Been busy, I suppose.

Today I was at a drug testing place for a pre-employment screening. The plan was to get there when they open and be finished in less than an hour as I have other plans for the morning. Unfortunately, since I already gave at home, there wasn't enough to give at the lab. (For those not familiar: drug testing requires a urine sample.) I found out that once I'm there, I'm held hostage: either give a sample within 3 hours or be declared as having refused the test. I am not to leave while I wait. Fine.

They gave me a bottle of water which I diligently guzzled down in little time. One hour passed. Now I start to worry. It's quite normal for me to go the whole morning without needing a restroom break. So I go and ask for coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I know it will speed up the biological process for me. Sure enough, after sipping approximately 1/4 of the cup they gave me, I was good to go.

I'm not a coffee drinker, so the caffeine made me feel weird ... a little unwell. On top of that, my allergies/sinus seemed to have affected my eyes. My brain was awake, but I felt as if my face and eyes were still half-asleep. I wondered if I may have looked as if I was high on drugs. hehe.

So I go most of the day "doped up" with that little bit of coffee. Despite not having had breakfast, I wasn't hungry for lunch either. Knowing that I should eat, I grabbed an oatmeal bar and ate it as I drove to class. My morning plans were shot since I took too long at the lab. I had a light dinner and perhaps I'll be back to normal the next morning.

0 comments: