Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

a thing of the past

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It used to be that when you go to a hardware store to get house numbers, you'd find large wooden numbers.  At least that's what happened some twenty years ago when I picked up our house numbers.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular; I needed house numbers and that was what was offered.  They were wood with rounded edges on the front surface.  I screwed them onto the front of our fascia over the garage.  They were so big that their bottoms hung below the fascia.  But they were great.  You can definitely see them from the street.

We replaced our fascia last year and in so doing discarded the numbers, which I had never properly painted (they only got  a coat of primer) and had gotten dilapidated.  So I went looking for their replacement.  Perhaps not as big this time, but generally of the same style.

No luck.

Not in the stores.  Not easily found in the internet.  Wooden house numbers are apparently a thing of the past.

0 comments: