Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

checking in

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Been crazy busy; falling asleep exhausted at the end of the day. Moneybags, thanks for your greetings; been meaning to reply but too busy.

Tonto made a doc visit today. A friend did the chauffeur service. Very good and positive reports from the doc. Maybe Tonto will drive self to physical therapy starting next week.

Still not quite setup at work to do work. Maybe tomorrow. This is weird. How is it that you knew you'd have new hires, you knew that they'll be in training for two weeks, and yet you don't have what they need to get started after all that time? Did I mention that one of the things that frustrated me on my last job was that I didn't have the resources I needed to do my job?

Meeting with a Dominican next week to talk about where we take things from here. Dominicans invited me to their Triduum services. I could only make the Holy Thursday with them. I stumbled over the "May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his [God's] name, for our good and the good of all his [God's] church" -- they said the version in brackets and I, not. I winced, not so much at the inclusive language, but rather at my failure to blend in. Yes, inclusive language abrades me, but I wanted to set that aside while I am guest.


They did a washing of hands. Being my usual social klutz, I failed to observe and when I got up there, I was clueless as to what to do. My poor paired Dominican kinda floundered with me for a moment then she grabbed my hands and we got through it. Somewhere in that awkward moment, she carved a niche my heart as well.
-----
When my work schedule is set, I will need to re-start spiritual direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere. You have my prayers today.

Lisa said...

They say "God" and you say "His." No big deal ... just follow your heart to where God leads!