Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

discernment invite

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

from the CDP's in San Antonio, Texas

Dear seekers of God's Will,

You are invited to come for 6 days to Our Lady of the Lake Convent in San Antonio with the Sisters of Divine Providence

January 7 - 13, 2006 "Life with Providence Week"

Come, live the Gospel - serve the poor and learn about the Sisters of Divine Providence.
Help the poor and needy of San Antonio as you learn more about the life of a Sister of Divine Providence. Join in volunteer service and community life.

  • Help feed the homeless
  • Join in daily prayer and fellowship
  • Learn to see God's Providence in daily life

We hope that you can come help the poor, experience community life and share in the spirit and joy of religious life. We have limited space, so we are asking you first. Please respond so we can plan accordingly.

Contact (e-mail address broken up to resist spam)
Sr. Elsa Garcia (elsacdp at aol.com) in San Antonio, or
Sr. Helen Marie Miksch (mikschhm at juno.com) in Houston.
Congregation of Divine Providence

6 comments:

Sixtina87 said...

they dont wear the habits!!!! i perferr comunities that do!!!! i have always been comfortable tlaking to those in habits than ones without. I grew up knowing ones whoa re the habits. I dont know it could be just me!!!

seeking_something said...

Yes, you are right. I see that the religious habit is a "must have" for you. I understand. I suspect that you perceive that the religious habit is a sign of the kind of spirituality which suits you best.

Anonymous said...

The "Catholic campus minister" at the college where I work is a CDP Sister out of San Antonio. If I had any druthers to go to Texas, I might be tempted to check them out. They seem fairly groovy. As it is, if I secure any extra money toward a plane ticket, I think I like to go check out the Dominican Sisters in San Jose and San Rafael (the latter being Sister Christer's congregation). On another note: Have you considered joining the Sister Bloggers webring? Check it out! You'd be most welcome, I'm sure!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

She's already joined the ring! And is of course welcome :)

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

So, are you going to the discernment week? Looks like a great way to get to know the community. I checked out their website and they seem to do some good work and as Natty said seem fairly "groovy." If that's what one is looking for :)

seeking_something said...

I stayed with them for a week in January and had a blast! On the personality side, they seem the perfect fit. I missed them very much when I left them after the week. But on the spirituality side, I seem to seek something more. You see we still kinda keep in touch.