Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

homemade

Saturday, April 28, 2007










I made my bottle cap tripod this afternoon. It has both a 20 oz. bottle cap and a Gatorade bottle cap. Getting the hole centered was tougher than I expected. I had it marked but the bit drifted. I guess I should've hammered a nail through first to start the hole. I used super glue between the caps so that hopefully they will move as one when I go to put them on bottles. No, I wouldn't want this thing in my pocket, but it might come in handy. I got the hardware from Ace. You can get onesies and twosies there, in stead of having to buy a whole box or package. I might try this again with a Gatorade cap and stiff wires as a version of the DIY Gorillapod. Sorry the photos are fuzzy; I suppressed the flash and the camera went into a longer exposure and my hands couldn't steady for a clearer shot.

0 comments: