Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

coconut

Sunday, February 24, 2008


In my foray into raw eating, I have discovered the young coconut (photo). And here is one way to open one. I have also discovered that zuchini is not bad; it's mild like cucumbers. And that papaya tastes sort of like cantaloupes, and that they need to really ripen for me to enjoy. Butternut squash is a different animal; it's hard like carrots. I don't yet know how I might enjoy a butternut squash in its raw form. But the young coconut is a real gem of a find, along with the Asian grocery store that stocks it.

2 comments:

teresa_anawim2 said...

I don't know if you are still a Raw Foodist, but I recently got interested in the eating lifestyle.
It is hard to find other Catholics who are into raws...most are traveling other spiritual paths.

seeking_something said...

Uh. fell off that wagon. It was just too INCONVENIENT to figure out how to make it taste good and available. I've gone back to my bad habits of fast food and candy bars. I still like young coconuts and am glad to have been led to them. Last time I had one, it was chilled and fresh from the local grocery store (heh) and it was sooooo good.