Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

from the CDP's

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Act of Abandonment to Divine Providence

Providence of my god, I adore you in all your designs. I place my destiny in your hands, confiding to you all that I have, all that I am, and all that I am to become -- my body and my soul, my health and reputation, my life, my death, and my eternal salvation.

As I rely entirely upon you and expect all from your goodness, I will not give myself up to any useless anxiety. I confide to you the success of all my undertakings, and in all difficulties I will have recourse to you as a never-failing source of help.

I know that you will either preserve me from the evils I dread, or turn them to my good and your glory. Peaceful and contented in all, I will allow your Providence to govern my life without worry or over eagerness.

Holy, wise, generous, and loving Providence! I thank you for the tender care you have taken of me up to this moment.

I humbly an earnestly entreat you to continue the same for me; direct all that I do, guide me in your ways, govern me at every moment of my life, and bring me into the fullness of being that you have destined for me from all eternity.

May I please you and give you glory forever. Amen.

Based on prayer by Blessed John Martin Moye
Founder of Sisters of Divine Providence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, thanks for sharing that. I like it a lot.

My Groovy Sisters, as well as a lot of other Dominicans, I believe, take a "title" at first vows. "Of the Sacred Heart," "Of the Most Holy Rosary," "Of the Lamb of God," etc. I've always just kind of known mine:

Of Providence.

;-)

seeking_something said...

I'm glad you like it. I like it too. Yes, "Of Providence" would be nice for you.