Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

kitchen help

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

This morning's volunteer adventures were in the kitchen, where I snuck up on the hard boiled eggs and peeled and chopped them up. They didn't even see me coming. I peeled boiled potatoes like a naval hand and valiantly fought with the last remnants of a bone-in ham. I did some slapping of mayo and mustard onto bread too. Yep, I tamed them suckers. It all came together as ham sandwiches (there was other ham besides my combatant) and potato salad and bean soup. I think they needed the help; there didn't seem to be many in the kitchen today. It's not where my talent lies, but hey, it's another pair of hands.

1 comments:

Matthew said...

Please let me know you see this message and any connections between your saint and you, but I wanted to tell you that you have a Saint for the Year.

Your saint is one of my favorites, St. Patrick