Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

grr

Monday, December 19, 2005

Been unremarkably busy. Over 60 Christmas cards. Trips to the Post Office. Sleeping late, starting late, getting to bed at 5 and 6 in the morning, up by 10, missing daily mass. Trips to run errands ... one such trip to the mall area: slowly working through the traffic, carefully manuevering through the parking lot, finding a space some ways out ... just to get kitty litter (this particular brand seems to work well and doesn't cost a day's wages, but is not in the grocery stores). I really do *detest* this unstructured schedule, but though I have the luxury of being single, I don't have the luxury of living independently. Hence I don't have the luxury of saying "the day starts at 5am and ends at 9pm no matter what."

Today I am once again grumpy. This lack of structure, slight sleep deprivation, and missing mass makes me highly uncharitable and *far* less able to absorb the "lack of charity" that gets launched at me, however unintentional. grumble (picture dark clouds hovering over my head)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang in there -- there's still time. The first day of Christmas hasn't arrived yet -- that's what I remind myself.

Steph Youstra said...

Anything I can do? Besides virtual hugs?

seeking_something said...

Thanks. Virtual hugs will do just fine.

Steph Youstra said...

Alrighty then ... consider yourself hugged!