Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

recap

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Just a recap. Thursday I dragged my sidekick to a little volunteer stint after lunch, giving me a little break in grumpiness as I can't be grumpy when volunteering. Afterwards we did a little shopping then headed on to mass for Immaculate Conception.

Friday I was still not a happy camper and spent pretty much most of the day on the computer after morning mass and breakfast, looking/applying for jobs. If you ever apply to MCI, stock up on patience.

Saturday morning we went to hear our archbishop at the neighborhood parish (he was visiting), then came home to eat. Later we went for a little shopping (Christmas cards and one other store). We estimated we'd need about 60 cards. Apparently they run roughly $1/card. So you can figure out roughly how much we spent on cards. Afterwards we went to my sidekick's grandmother's house and helped her with her Christmas cards. She's 98 and doesn't get around too well and it's hard to write, but her mind is clear as a bell. She didn't need many cards and got our last year's leftover Christmas cards. Trust me, that's my sidekick's project. My heart is not quite that big yet. We didn't get home until almost midnight (the little shopping that we did earlier took forever and pushed everything later).

Another Sunday in Advent. My whole morning at my home parish. How early I start and how late I stay depends on whether I'm up for the second of two volunteer stints at the parish. Today I start with 7:30am mass, and leave at 11:30am. Next Sunday I expect to start with 9am mass then leave at noon. Then rehearsals all afternoon and evening for my sidekick (two choirs). Then Vespers and dinner with the Sisters for me, in the meantime it's mass for my sidekick after the rehearsals. Then we'd be home some time after 8pm and my sidekick would eat (I had dinner with the Sisters after Vespers). Then I procrastinate and drag myself to eventually clean up the living/kitchen area (floors, dishes, cat house/litter box, collect trash and put some stuff up). With luck, I'll be in bed by 2am. Then Monday I'll try to be up around 7am because I don't want to get in the habit of sleeping later; plus I have to put the trash out and be ready for 9am mass.

5 comments:

Steph Youstra said...

Just out of curiousity .... did we ever learn any more about said sidekick? Or shall we just let our imagination run wild?

MMmmmmmmm, imagination ....

seeking_something said...

Yesssss. Imagination would do just fine here. :) It can run as wild as it likes. My sidekick is very private and I'm not permitted to say much.

It turns out that I didn't get to bed until 3am and spent a little time reading before snoozing. I didn't get up until maybe 7:50am. I will challenge myself to get up at 6am daily to commit to some prayer time, half-asleep or not.

Anonymous said...

Imagination --->>> RUNINNG WILD then.

*Natty trots off, smirking and giggling... * Mmmm hmmmmm...

seeking_something said...

ROTFL !!!!

Steph Youstra said...

You might want to consider going with the idea of ms or some other shortening .... "my sidekick" is a bit long to keep typing in all the time, I would imagine.

Thanks for the e-mail, by the way. Will respond when school stops devouring cerebral processes.