Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

agitator dogs

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Friday, Gumby called a friend about the washer and after some discussion with me, he decided we needed new agitator dogs. Yup, google for "agitator dogs" images and you'll see them. They have tiny teeth on the fat round edge. I told him nothing was catching on the agitator and he told me new dogs will catch anything. He couldn't understand why I couldn't take the agitator apart.

So he picked up the parts along with some appliance knobs we needed and came over. Then he fought with the agitator and when it did come apart, it hit him on the forehead because he was looking down at it while trying to yank it up. I asked him about tooling to remove that part and he told me two screw drivers. Yeah, right. I bet there is a special tool for it.

Anyhow, the washer is fixed now and our appliances now have all their knobs. He had gone with us to pick up the fish dinners and desert so we dined together. We reimbursed him for the parts (~$20) but he wouldn't take any extra for gas and such.

So if your agitator isn't agitating correctly, it's probably your agitator dogs. (But if it isn't rotating at all, it's probably the motor.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I never fail to learn something new when I come here, Seeking. Agitator Dogs. If I didn't know better I'd think you made that up.