Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

health stuff

Monday, January 16, 2006

sugar suppresses immune function (Google search) I'm not giving up my sugar, though.

When exercising, sports drinks are better for hydration (Sports Coach page -- pulled from Google results for this topic)

Swimmers have increased appetite when coming from cold water. Swim if you like, but resist the urge to eat more; or select a warmer pool. Years ago, I read a study that indicates that pool activities are not as effective for weight loss as other exercise. However, I think the best exercise is the one that you like best, that way, you're more likely to stick to it. As far as temperature, I suspect that similarly, our appetites increase when we are cold. So if we sit in nice cool offices and drink cold drinks, it is no wonder that we have increased appetites.

0 comments: