Please use GoodSearch for your internet searches and select a charity (such as Dominican Sisters of Houston). Thank you.

enjoyable morn

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Did two "brochures" for my volunteer morn: a bi-fold with front and back pages and full page center. Pretty simple, just text boxes and a graphic on the front. Someone had already sketched the layout and someone [else] had already typed the text. So it was just the mechanics of putting it in Publisher. I didn't want to mess with their design since I didn't know whole lot about the project. That done, I still had an hour to blow off. Chatted some and played with the dog some.

From there I went to meet with a Dominican, got free lunch and a little tour of their place. Seem like I can get along with them, their environment, and their food. I was invited to a jubilee celebration this Saturday so that I'd get a flavor of their celebration. I'll think about it. I'll be joining them for a ride over to the discernment weekend 1/27-29. Oh, turns out she wasn't just "a" Dominican, she's on the leadership council -- a "big wheel." I shall withhold any opinions and questions until said discernment weekend.

So a fun day after yesterday's "blah" day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this by chance the Houston OPs of which you speak?

*big grin* *loud whisper* "Yay Dominicans!!" ;-)

Re: Oreo. Here's my reply to your comment on my blog: Girl, I would call it a road trip and meet you half-way to Texas or more if you're serious! Oreo's very good in the car! I think anyone who's accustomed to handling larger dogs with a firm hand would be good for her.